My daughter started high school a couple of weeks ago. She is now working on her first research paper in honors English.
This is the correct way to write a research paper:
1. Find information on the assigned topic.
2. Take notes on 3x5" notecards. Be sure to put everything in your own words, so you don't plagiarize by accident.
3. Arrange the notecards by topic.
4. Write an outline. The outline should include an introduction (with a thesis statement), three body sections, and a conclusion that restates the thesis.
5. Write a draft based on the outline.
6. Proofread the draft.
7. Make corrections.
8. Type it.
9. Turn it in.